Thursday, August 12, 2010

ALL HAIL....... Bill Ward, Over The TOP Good Girl Artist!!!!

Some Prime WARD art here for ya.... Did wonders for me as a pre=pubicent horn dawg.....I was that kid who bought CRACKED instead of MAD.... pretty much for the Bill Ward & John Severin artwork. Cracked seemed to keep up on the lacivious art factor, long after MAD abandoned that sort of humor for Fart & BARF jokes.... Still, The MAD SUMMER SUPER SPECIAL's ROCKED Pretty Hard...'specially if there was an Old MAD comix reprinted as a Bonus!.... But any way, Bill Ward in the 1970's Left a Mighty Fingerprint on both my imagination & My Libdo!!
Aside from his Mastery and Distilation of the Female Form.... His Wash and Half Tone Shading were really inspiring to me.... still is!
His Folds ^ Drapery are also admriable!!.....for all you ink geeks out there,












No comments:

Post a Comment